How does it work?
- Seasonal menus drop Tuesdays. Ordering is open until 5PM Friday. Your meals are prepared fresh Sundays and delivered straight to your door or designated delivery location on Sunday evening or Monday, depending on your location. Simply pour out and enjoy cold or warm!
Are you a subscription service?
- We do not believe in preying on the busy! Every Tuesday we drop a new menu. The ordering window is open from Tuesday – Friday at 5PM for Sunday/Monday delivery.
*If you are interested in ordering for consecutive weeks, feel free to reach out to us at email@example.com
When is the deadline to place my food delivery?
- Fridays at 5 PM EST.
When will I be charged?
- Upon becoming a member and going through the delivery and meal selection process, you will be prompted for payment. In order to proceed with delivery a validated form of payment will be required at checkout.
Is there a minimum order?
- No, there is no minimum order, but all orders under $39 will be subject to a $6 delivery fee. This is exclusive of discounts and taxes.
What do I do with the jars?
- We pride ourselves on our waste-free business model and recycle the jars our meals are delivered in. Please ensure your previous week’s jars are ready for pick-up upon your next jar delivery. If you forego next week delivery, please drop-off the previous week’s jars to either drop off location within 14 days after your last order date.
What is the starter pack?
- This is the perfect way to try each of the product lines. It consists of 2 breakfast jars, 3 lunch jars, 1 skillet jar and 1 pack of 6 protein bites.
Can I add or remove meals once I place my order?
- Reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will always try our very best to accommodate!
When is the cut off time to select meals for that upcoming Sunday/Monday delivery?
- We require all orders to be placed by Friday 5PM EST. There are no exceptions and late orders are not guaranteed. Please reach out to us at email@example.com for any questions or concerns.
Is there a way to taste a meal before ordering?
- We don’t offer samples, but we assure you our meals are of the highest quality. We offer high-end, casual-style cooking loaded with flavour! The menu is always changing seasonally to ensure that you don’t get bored with the meals.
Can I enter a discount code after my order has been placed?
- Unfortunately, we can only apply coupons to orders placed within the promotion time window. If you placed the order before or after the coupon was active we cannot apply the discount. All discount codes must be entered before submitting payment at checkout.
Do you offer the same meals each week?
- We will always offer staple items on our menu, but our menu does change seasonally.
What do I do if I receive an incomplete or damaged order?
- If you notice an issue with your order, please reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org right away. Please provide photos and as much detail as possible when reporting any issues.
Are your meals Organic? Natural?
- Urban Jars Ottawa meals are nutritious and delicious with a healthy mix of plant protein and tons of vegetables. Our meals are always natural and organic ingredients when available. The produce we use is always fresh and never frozen and locally sourced from Ontario farmers when available.
Is your food always sourced locally?
- Whenever possible we source from local farmers and producers. However, due to seasonality and ingredient requirements, at times we must source from outside Ontario. In this case, we always source from sustainable and GMO free producers.
What if I have food allergies?
- If you have food allergies, we recommend you carefully read the ingredient lists during the selection process. All specific food requests can be added to your member profile or please email us directly at email@example.com
Do you have meals for diabetics? Gluten-free?
- We do our best to accommodate any specific diets. Each jar is made to order and can be modified to suit individual needs, permitted we have the ingredients on hand. Most of our meals are gluten-free however all meals are prepared in a kitchen where gluten is used. Make sure to note any specifications to your member profile or reach out to us directly at firstname.lastname@example.org
Am I able to customize my jars?
- Yes, you are able to omit any ingredient that is in the jar. Substitutions can be made within reason.
How long do meals stay fresh?
- Our jars stay fresh for 5-7 days when correctly refrigerated.
How should I store my meals?
- Meals should be refrigerated immediately after you receive them, please do not leave food out at room temperature.
Can your meals be frozen?
- Our meals are fresh and never frozen. Please do not freeze the jars, as they are glass. If you do choose to transfer and freeze a meal, we recommend eating them within a month of putting them into the freezer to ensure that the meal quality is maintained.
How can I find calories and macronutrients for each jar?
- We provide nutrition information for every meal on our website – inclusive of the breakdown for fats, protein, and carbohydrates. This information can be referenced during the meal selection process. As all meals are hand-crafted, actual nutrient contents may deviate slightly from the written amounts due to the possibility of minute variances in actual packed amounts.
How do I prepare meals at home to eat?
- Our meals always arrive fresh and never frozen. Meals must be refrigerated prior to consuming. When you’re ready to eat a meal, simply pour out the contents and enjoy. Our skillet jars are best served warmed up in a standard pan on your stove top. Parfaits, chia pudding, and oats can be eaten directly out of the jar, straight from the fridge.
What happens if I don’t like the food that was delivered?
- Your feedback is very important to us. We do our best to make sure all of our meals are pleasing, however, it can take time to learn your preferences. We have a 100% refund policy and want to make sure that you enjoy your future meals. We use member feedback to craft future menus and eliminate unpopular meals. You can also use the specification box to ensure future meals meet your preferences.
Can I see the meals before ordering?
- Of course. You can start the order process and explore our meals and menu with no commitment to purchase!
When does Urban Jars Ottawa deliver?
- We deliver on Sundays Evenings and Mondays between 9:00AM – 2:00PM EST, depending on your location. Urban Jars does not guarantee a specific delivery time, as routes are calculated by weekly delivery schedules.
Do you have local delivery?
- We are located in Ottawa, Canada and currently only deliver within the City of Ottawa area.
- If you live outside of our delivery zone, we will try to accommodate as best as possible. Please email us directly to inquire at email@example.com
Can I pick-up my meals?
- Orders can also be picked up on Sundays after 6PM at either pick up location. Please specify this during the ordering process or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
What if I’m not home to accept the delivery?
- Not to worry! If you are not home during regular delivery hours, we ask you leave a cooler outside or email us drop-off instructions. You are also welcome to pick-up your orders at either of the pick-up locations.
What if I live in an apartment or condo?
- If your residence requires front desk/call box access, it is your responsibility to ensure our drivers have access on arrival. If not, meals will be left with your concierge. If the driver cannot enter the building to complete the delivery, the delivery will be available for pick-up. Please email us at email@example.com
How much does delivery cost?
- Orders less than $39 are subject to a $6 delivery fee.
- Orders over $39 will receive FREE delivery.
- If you are outside of the delivery zone, you may be subject to additional fees. Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org to inquire.
Am I able to track my delivery?
- No, but the driver will send you a text notification on Sunday or Monday to let you know the estimated time slot they should be arriving. They will also send a message when your jars arrive. If you’re not home, please text drop-off instructions to your driver or leave a cooler for the jars to be placed in.
How will I know my order has been received?
- Upon submission, you will receive an email stating your selections and payment confirmation.
How do I make changes to my account?
- Changes to your account can be done at any time by logging into your customer profile details by 5PM EST Fridays. If you are changing your delivery address please email us at email@example.com
What is your cancellation policy?
- Any changes to your account must be addressed by 5PM Friday. Without proper notice, no returns or credits will be issued. All cancellations will be paid back via e-transfer as we do not issue returns to the original method of payment.
How does billing work?
- All accounts are charged on your first order and when new orders are placed.
What payment methods are available?
- Visa, MasterCard, American Express
- E-Transfer to: firstname.lastname@example.org
What happens if my payment method fails?
- If your payment method fails, your account and deliveries will be paused. You will receive an email notification and will be prompted to provide updated payment details. Deliveries will not continue until your payment method is updated. Please reach out to us at email@example.com
Can I make changes to my order after the transaction has been processed?
- If you’d like to make changes, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will always do our best to accommodate!
What happens if I cancel an order within the cut off deadline?
- Any cancelled orders made within the cut off, will be refunded via e-transfer.
What is your refund policy?
- All refunds are done via e-transfer.
Do you offer gift cards? How do I purchase?
- We do offer gift cards. Our Urban Jars Ottawa gift cards are available on our website and can be shared with friends, family and colleagues digitally for redemption on their next order.
Why do I need to become a member?
- We have created a community that focuses on having you eating right and loving it. We encourage our guests to become members of the Urban Jar Ottawa Community so that we can get to know your allergies and preferences on an intimate level. This also allows you to customize your account information and gain access to future promotions and collaborations!